Forest Inspection Process
- A FOCS registered forester will do the inspection,
- He/she will meet the landowner
- They will require information about the history of site
- The FOCS registered forester will attend to the purpose of the inspection by liaising with the owner.
- A site walk is carried out and a crop assessment is made.
- If mapping, surveying or other services are then required the FOCS registered forester will complete the required protocols to move the project forward.
When should your Forest be Inspected?
Annually your forest should be inspected by a member of your professional FOCS forestry team to guarantee that your crop is growing at a satisfactory rate. An inspection is required in order to examine the following:
- Intruders (deer, cattle, sheep, hares)
- Tree Vigour (healthy colour, diameter, strong tall leaders, etc.)
- Drains clear (Water-logging)
- Boundary Fences
- Inspection Paths
- Forest Access Planning
- Inventory (volume and potential yield)
Thinning Forestry Inspection
It is recommended that prior to thinning your forest a forestry inspection is carried out. It is the landowner’s responsibility to contact their professional FOCS forestry team to request an inspection. The inspection is a part of the thinning preparation process and is highly recommended. To make an appointment for an FOCS forest assessment advisor complete the enquiry section below.
Mandatory Forest Inspections
There is requirement by the Department of Agriculture and the Marine/Forestry service to carry out a ten-year management plan inspection. Landowner is notified by the Department of Agriculture and the Marine/Forestry service when the inspection is due. The landowner will be required to put a plan of action together for the management of the crop going forward to clearfell. As a member of FOCS your FOCS professional forestry team will assist with the preparation of your 10-year management plan. Contact your FOCS professional forestry team to discuss the best options for your forest.
Forestry Inspection Request Process
To request an inspection, contact your FOCS professional forestry team. Your FOCS professional forestry team will assign an FOCS registered forester to complete an inspection and provide the necessary paperwork (professional site report, up to date species map, etc.). Your FOCS professional forestry team is also available to assist in your Forest management planning to help maximise the yield on your forest investment. To make an appointment for an FOCS forest assessment advisor complete the enquiry section below.